It's all about the bling here. Move on up into the 21st century! Make your library the happenin' place for your community. Sure, it's challenging, but you're up to the challenge. So come on -- pimp your library!

Sunday, June 10, 2007
  Danbury Public Library joins LibraryThing
How cool is this? Danbury Public Library (CT) is the first library in the country to join LibraryThing: http://www.newstimeslive.com/news/story.php?id=1056353&source=tabbox

I have heard other librarians moaning in ecstasy about how wonderful LibraryThing is, but I never made the time to check it out. You can bet that I will now.

And by the way, how did I find out about Danbury PL? I set up personalized news searches on Google for articles that contain either public library or public libraries. Then I just check my personalized GoogleNews page. It is a very cool use of technology.
 
Comments:
Excellent idea (about the Google news alerts)... thanks for the suggestion!
 
Yup - I have mine set to search librarians, librarian, library, libraries - I get many stories a day! :-) It's fab!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home
"PIMP" Verb
1.) to pimp something out is to *make* it look ghettofab and blingbling
2.) to pimp is to advertise (generally, in an enthusiastic sense) or to call attention in order to bring acclaim to something; to promote.
- Urban Dictionary